Nitrogen is used in certain processes such as nitrogen inerting tanks or computer rooms, chemical industries, food for the packaging of certain foods, storage or packaging of products subject to oxidation, etc.
The use of nitrogen as an inert gas is due to its neutral characteristic and is inexpensive. Nitrogen also helps cool the atmosphere, an object or the environment when it relaxes.
How does the nitrogen generator work?
The generators produce liquid nitrogen from a standard compressed air system (7 to 10 bar).
There are two main types of innovative technologies:
- Membrane generators with hollow fiber bundles: they guarantee the existing nitrogen / oxygen separation in the compressed air. They can generate nitrogen of high purity. Membrane generators feature a dew point of -50 ° C, purity of 59% to 98%, and flow rates of up to 11,400 standard cubic feet per hour.
- PSA generators (Pressure Swing Adsorption): they produce nitrogen from compressed air, by adsorption on molecular charcoal (CMS). While being economical, they offer a local production of high purity nitrogen. Visit https://www.novairindustries.com for more about nitrogen generators PSA. In terms of characteristics, the PSA generator offers a dew point of up to -57 ° C, purity up to 99.5% and flow rates up to 4000 standard cubic feet per hour.
Local nitrogen production ensures better profitability and lower carbon footprint compared to centralized production and bottled delivery.
Some examples of applications of the liquid nitrogen generator
Applications for the food sector
- Inerting tanks or computer rooms
- Reassembly or pigeage for winemaking
- Sprout of the vintage
- Pressoir (inertage of the cage)
- Bottling (inerting bottle and rinsing)
- Storage and packaging of sensitive products
Applications for research
- Laboratory (samples inerting)
- Material processing
Applications for filtering functions
- Tangential filter
- Various filter (rotary, ashore)
Applications for prevention and security
- Stop bacterial growth
- Prevent the oxidation of products
- Eliminate the risks of combustion and explosion
- Logistics applications
- Transfer (nitrogen on variable pumps)